30 Day Business English Speaking and Listening Challenge
WELCOME TO DAY 6:
INCREASE YOUR BUSINESS VOCABULARY WITH IDIOMS
TAKE ACTION AND CHALLENGE YOURSELF
Please follow the steps below to complete your daily task!
Step 1: WATCH THE TRAINING VIDEO
Watch the entire video to learn about today's topic
I did not include subtitles in the video because I would like you to focus on your listening skills, Please click here to download the full transcript of this video.
Step 2: WATCH THE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Please watch the entire video first before you start your daily task
Step 3: COMPLETE YOUR DAILY TASK
Follow the steps below to complete your task.
- Watch the Day 6 Assignment video
- Click on this link to go to Quizlet Day 6 - LEARN Idioms with Master Vocabulary
- Log into your free Quizlet account on your computer. You can use your phone, but it is easier on the computer at this stage.
- Watch and follow the exact process in the Day 6 Assignment video
- Follow the 7 Steps to Effective Vocabulary for each word/term/phrase
- Review your recording from yesterday on SpeakPulse. What ONE THING did you want to change?
- Find the Day 6 Assignment on SpeakPulse
- Follow the instructions and record yourself today
- Listen to your Day 6 Recording
- Write down ONE thing you want to improve on from Day 6
- Log into ELSA Speak
- ELSA will prompt you to continue to learning plan.
- If you are not prompted, go to MY LEARNING and COACH
- Allow ELSA Coach to give you the lessons it feels you need. ELSA is AI-based and knows what you need to work on
- Practice with ELSA for at least 10 minutes using the lessons it provides
- Tomorrow you can continue where you finished.
Allow ELSA to give you the lessons each day
Do not write out your Speakpulse recording and memorize it. Be yourself.
Try to only record yourself once.
Speaking Topic for Day 6:
What do you think you need to do to improve you speaking confidence in English?
KEY: Your challenge is to use 2 - 5 of these idioms in your recording:
- start from scratch
- bang for the buck
- get off on the right foot
- get off on the wrong foot
- have skin in the game
- to get the ball rolling
- to know where someone stands
- to learn the ropes
- time is of the essence
You are always encouraged to also use any words you have learned before today
7 Steps to Effective Vocabulary
Module 1 Confidence Mindset Shift
Watch the video here for a full tutorial on ELSA Speak - How to use ELSA Speak
Watch the video here to learn How to create an ELSA Speak Account and take your first Assessment
Watch the video here to learn How to create a SpeakPulse Account, find your assignment and record yourself speaking
Download this detailed ELSA User Guide
Free ebook from Grant
Click here to download Grant's free ebook, if you have not downloaded it already.