30 Day Business English Speaking and Listening Challenge
WELCOME TO DAY 8:
TAKE ACTION AND CHALLENGE YOURSELF
Please follow the steps below to complete your daily task!
Step 1: WATCH THE TRAINING VIDEO
Watch the entire video to learn about today's topic
I did not include subtitles in the video because I would like you to focus on your listening skills, Please click here to download the full transcript of this video.
Step 2: WATCH THE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Please watch the entire video first before you start your daily task
Step 3: COMPLETE YOUR DAILY TASK
Follow the steps below to complete your task.
- Today you will listen to the video in the Day 8 Assignment video
- No subtitles. No transcript
- Just Listen
- Did you understand less than 90%?
- Listen again
- Did you understand more than 90%?
- If you have time, listen to it again and see if you understand more.
- Click on this link to go to Quizlet Module 1.1 LEARN with Master Vocabulary.
- Click on this link to go to Quizlet Module 1.1 TEST YOURSELF with Master Vocabulary.
- Log into your free Quizlet account on your computer or your phone.
- Practice with Quizlet every day
- Follow the 7 Steps to Effective Vocabulary for each word/term/phrase
- Review your recording from yesterday on SpeakPulse. What ONE THING did you want to change?
- Find the Day 8 Assignment on SpeakPulse
- Follow the instructions and record yourself today
- Listen to your Day 8 Recording
- Write down ONE thing you want to improve on from Day 8
- Log into ELSA Speak
- ELSA will prompt you to continue to learning plan.
- If you are not prompted, go to MY LEARNING and COACH
- Allow ELSA Coach to give you the lessons it feels you need. ELSA is AI-based and knows what you need to work on
- Practice with ELSA for at least 10 minutes using the lessons it provides
- Tomorrow you can continue where you finished.
Allow ELSA to give you the lessons each day
Do not write out your Speakpulse recording and memorize it. Be yourself.
Try to only record yourself once.
Speaking Topic for Day 8:
Why does memorizing vocabulary not help you use the vocabulary in your speaking?
KEY: Try to use new words from your Quizlet set. Don't use the same words everyday. Your challenge is to use 2 - 5 different words/phrasal verbs/idioms in your recording:
You are always encouraged to also use any words you have learned before today
7 Steps to Effective Vocabulary
Module 1 Confidence Mindset Shift
Quizlet 1.1 LEARN with Master Vocabulary
Quizlet 1.1 TEST YOURSELF with Master Vocabulary
Watch the video here for a full tutorial on ELSA Speak - How to use ELSA Speak
Watch the video here to learn How to create an ELSA Speak Account and take your first Assessment
Watch the video here to learn How to create a SpeakPulse Account, find your assignment and record yourself speaking
Watch the video here to learn How to use Quizlet - Official tutorial for new users
Watch the video here to learn how to use Cambridge Business English Dictionary to help you use new business vocabulary
Download this detailed ELSA User Guide
Free ebook from Grant
Click here to download Grant's free ebook, if you have not downloaded it already.