30 Day Business English Speaking and Listening Challenge
WELCOME TO DAY 10:
ADDING ADDITIONAL EFFECTIVE BUSINESS ENGLISH VOCABULARY FROM HIGH-LEVEL BUSINESS MATERIAL
TAKE ACTION AND CHALLENGE YOURSELF
Please follow the steps below to complete your daily task!
Step 1: WATCH THE TRAINING VIDEO
Watch the entire video to learn about today's topic
I did not include subtitles in the video because I would like you to focus on your listening skills, Please click here to download the full transcript of this video.
Step 2: WATCH THE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Please watch the entire video first before you start your daily task
Step 3: COMPLETE YOUR DAILY TASK
Follow the steps below to complete your task.
Assignment ELSA Assessment
Please take another ELSA assessment today. If you need a reminder of how to do this, here is a very short video showing the Assessment and other great ELSA features
- Click on this link to go to the Day 10 business article material
- Read all paragraphs OUT LOUD
- Go to the first paragraph
- Open Quizlet 1.2b LEARN with How to Improve Your Business English
- Ask yourself yourself if you USE the highlighted vocabulary in your speaking?
- Go through the 7 Steps to Effective Vocabulary with Quizlet 1.2b
- Take your time, feel how the words are being used in business
- Read all three paragraphs again OUT LOUD
- Remember the goal is for you to become confident saying these words
- If you would like to TEST YOURSELF using Quizlet on this new set, please click here for Quizlet 1.2b TEST YOURSELF with How to Improve Your Business English
- Review your recording from yesterday on SpeakPulse. What ONE THING did you want to change?
- Find the Day 10 Assignment on SpeakPulse
- Follow the instructions and record yourself today
- Listen to your Day 10 Recording
- Write down ONE thing you want to improve on from Day 10
- Log into ELSA Speak
- ELSA will prompt you to continue to learning plan.
- If you are not prompted, go to MY LEARNING and COACH
- Allow ELSA Coach to give you the lessons it feels you need. ELSA is AI-based and knows what you need to work on
- Practice with ELSA for at least 10 minutes using the lessons it provides
- Tomorrow you can continue where you finished.
Allow ELSA to give you the lessons each day
Do not write out your Speakpulse recording and memorize it. Be yourself.
Try to only record yourself once.
Speaking Topic for Day 10:
What ONE THING do you need to do different during this Challenge to really make your confidence increase?
KEY: Try to use new words from your Quizlet set. Don't use the same words everyday. Your challenge is to use 2 - 5 new words from Quizlet 1.2 in your recording:
You are always encouraged to also use any words you have learned before today
7 Steps to Effective Vocabulary
Module 1 Confidence Mindset Shift
Quizlet 1.1 LEARN with Master Vocabulary
Quizlet 1.1 TEST YOURSELF with Master Vocabulary
Quizlet 1.2a LEARN with How to Improve Your Business English
Quizlet 1.2a TEST YOURSELF with How to Improve your Business English
Quizlet 1.2b LEARN with How to Improve Your Business English
Quizlet 1.2b TEST YOURSELF with How to Improve Your Business English
Watch the video here for a full tutorial on ELSA Speak - How to use ELSA Speak
Watch the video here to learn How to create an ELSA Speak Account and take your first Assessment
Watch the video here to learn How to create a SpeakPulse Account, find your assignment and record yourself speaking
Watch the video here to learn How to use Quizlet - Official tutorial for new users
Watch the video here to learn how to use Cambridge Business English Dictionary to help you use new business vocabulary
Download this detailed ELSA User Guide
Free ebook from Grant
Click here to download Grant's free ebook, if you have not downloaded it already.