30 Day Business English Speaking and Listening Challenge
WELCOME TO DAY 20:
MASTERING YOUR LISTENING SKILLS
TAKE ACTION AND CHALLENGE YOURSELF
Please follow the steps below to complete your daily task!
Step 1: WATCH THE TRAINING VIDEO
Watch the entire video to learn about today's topic
I did not include subtitles in the video because I would like you to focus on your listening skills, Please click here to download the full transcript of this video.
Step 2: WATCH THE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Please watch the entire video first before you start your daily task
Step 3: COMPLETE YOUR DAILY TASK
Follow the steps below to complete your task.
- Today you will listen the Day 20 Assignment video
- No subtitles. No transcript
- Just Listen
- Did you feel the pauses?
- Did you understand less than 90%?
- Listen again
- Did you understand more than 90% this time?
- If you have time, listen to it again and see if you understand more.
- Review your recording from yesterday on SpeakPulse. What ONE THING did you want to change?
- Find the Day 20 Assignment on SpeakPulse
- Follow the instructions and record yourself today
- Listen to your Day 20 Recording
- Write down ONE thing you want to improve on from Day 20
- Log into ELSA Speak
- ELSA will prompt you to continue to learning plan.
- If you are not prompted, go to MY LEARNING and COACH
- Allow ELSA Coach to give you the lessons it feels you need. ELSA is AI-based and knows what you need to work on
- Practice with ELSA for at least 10 minutes using the lessons it provides
- Tomorrow you can continue where you finished.
Allow ELSA to give you the lessons each day
Do not write out your Speakpulse recording and memorize it. Be yourself.
Try to only record yourself once.
Speaking Topic for Day 20: Why are pauses so effective when you are speaking?
KEY: Try to use 2- 5 new words from your Quizlet sets. All of your words can be found in the Quizlet Class 30 Day Challenge
You are always encouraged to also use any words you have learned before today
30 Day Challenge Material
Watch the video here for a full tutorial on ELSA Speak - How to use ELSA Speak
Watch the video here to learn How to create an ELSA Speak Account and take your first Assessment
Watch the video here to learn How to use Quizlet - Official tutorial for new users
Link to all the flashcards presented so far in the Quizlet 30 Day Challenge Course
Free ebook from Grant
Click here to download Grant's free ebook, if you have not downloaded it already.